Tuesday, February 14, 2012

AutoCorrect . . . you'll love it!

I am HORRIBLE about misspelling certain words.  GASP!  And so you ask, “Aren’t you a keyboarding teacher?”  I absolutely am a flawed keyboarding teacher who has realized that “interest” will be the death of me!  Why that word?  I am currently designing a Business Calculations course for the community college where I teach.  There is an entire chapter dedicated to that word.  As I have been typing handouts, assignments, etc. for this class, it is glaringly obvious that I CANNOT type that word correctly!  So, what’s a keyboarding teacher to do?  Why use the AutoCorrect Option of course!  If you have never used it before and you have that certain word that drives you crazy, I think you should use it now!
Directions in Word 2010:
1.       Click FILE-OPTIONS-PROOFING-AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS
2.       Under REPLACE TEXT AS YOU TYPE, complete the following:
               type “interst” in the REPLACE BOX and “interest” in the WITH box and click ADD
3.       Voila!  No more spellchecking for that word!!

No comments:

Post a Comment